HCMCOU is dedicated to promoting a society with active learning by offering the most flexible and obtainable methods of education to students.
By 2023, HCMCOU continues to strive to be a leading public inter-disciplinary university in Vietnam with priorities in practice-oriented education, knowledge promulgation and public engagement. Meanwhile, distance education will affirm its identity in Southeast Asia.
To encourage learners, Ho Chi Minh City Open University has a diversified scholarship system suitable for learners from bachelor to PhD degree. The Scholarships are reviewed and awarded regularly throughout the year.
The university delivers degrees on campus and e-learning, with a rich academic portfolio covering a wide range of disciplines in undergraduate levels including 31 majors for BA (7 high quality programs).
The University serves a broad range of professional needs of the national economy. We have built and maintained productive partnerships with domestically and internationally respected universities for the strategic reforming of learning outcomes and provisions of variety of programs and courses.
The master’s program is trained at Ho Chi Minh City Open University to develop careers and seek new development directions as well as make a difference for learners. The University has made a commitment to organize the flexible study time, but challenging, enjoyable, productive and successful for learners.
Forms of training:
The University offers 2 types of training (non-concentrated form)
- Domestic programs
- Affiliate programs with the prestige universities in the world
From the encouraging results achieved for many years, in 2012, Ministry of Education and Training licensed Ho Chi Minh City Open University to train the doctorate in Business Administration. Up to now, the doctoral program has grown to 5 majors: Business Administration, Economics, Finance - Banking, Civil Engineering, and English Language Teaching Theory and Methodology.
Our accessibility, flexibility, student support and wide range of university courses offered online and on-campus help our students will be able to gain:
- A reflexive, global-focused curriculum. Knowledge and understanding of the chosen specialization at a high level, international recognition.
- Integrity in the pursuit of knowledge. The ability in critical thinking, identification, selection and information synthesis from a variety of sources then to enrich themselves.
- Awareness about cultural and social issues in the global context, in regarding to the implementation of skills, responsibilities and professional ethics.
- The willingness to apply effective solutions, independent creation from knowledge along with learned skills into present and future issues, maintain the curiosity of intelligence, desire to discover new experiences.